SEMI-CUSTOM SUITE INFORMATION GUIDE
- Place your order. Choose your suite, fill out the information forms, customize your invitations (this includes your ink and envelope colors, printing method, and paper type), add any ornaments you’d like, and complete your purchase through the checkout. Shipping costs will be invoiced to you separately, shortly before your order is mailed.
- You will receive an initial proof of your invitation suite within seven business days of placing your order. Please review all of the information carefully and make sure everything looks as it should! One revision is included after you see the first proof: this covers any changes to information/wording as well as slight tweaks to the calligraphy. Please note that once you have approved the second and final proof, no more changes can be made.
- Once you have approved the final proof, your files will be sent to the printer. Printing usually takes about three weeks.
- Any additional ornaments and/or envelope addressing will be completed after your invitations are printed. Please plan on an additional two weeks for these details to be completed.
- Your finished invitations will be carefully packaged and shipped to you!
Your invitations will arrive in your mailbox five to six weeks after you place your order. If you would like additional ornaments such as envelope addressing, an illustrated map, or wax seals, or if you choose handmade paper, please allow an additional two weeks. If you are ordering internationally, also plan on an additional week for shipping.
Orders are currently limited to 50 - 200 invitations. Please contact me for a custom quote if you need a smaller or larger number of invitations. I highly recommend ordering 10 - 15 extra invitations! Extras are helpful in case you have last-minute additions to your guest list, and can also be kept at a lovely reminder of your day!
I offer three different types of paper: cardstock, cotton, and handmade.
Cardstock is the only paper that can be used for digital printing. Its weight is 100 lb, and it has a soft eggshell finish. The color is natural white and the edges are clean.
Cotton paper is one of two options for letterpress printing. It is a natural white color and has a soft, fine matte texture. The edges are clean, and the weight is 110 lb.
Handmade paper is the second option that can be used for letterpress printing. This paper is carefully crafted with a mould and deckle. Due to the handmade nature of the product, there will be slight imperfections and differences between each sheet, but this only adds to its beauty. The paper is textured, the color is soft cream, and the edges will be deckled. If you choose handmade paper for your invitations, each piece of your suite will be slightly larger than the corresponding cotton/cardstock paper size. It will also take an additional two weeks to ship your order if you choose handmade paper. Please note: the printer isn’t able to register deckle-edged paper as precisely as straight-edged. The registration of the text may be very slightly off. Although this won’t be highly noticeable, handmade paper isn’t recommended for the couple that wants a very clean and precise look.
Digital printing consists of a high-quality laser printer transferring the design onto paper. The finished invitation will look crisp, clean, and smooth. Only available with cardstock.
Letterpress printing uses a carved block to press ink down into the paper. The entire invitation will have an embossed look and feel; you will be able to run your fingers over the paper and feel the impression of the invitation. Available with either cotton or handmade papers.
Please note that the Aldridge suite can only be printed digitally. This is due to the the two-sided piece included in the invitation suite. Feel free to contact me with any further questions!
Each of these envelope colors is very close to the ink colors that are used, but won't be a completely perfect match. However, I have done my best to color-match as closely as I can, and each envelope color will compliment your suite nicely. Please note that handmade paper envelopes are not available in black. Each of the other four colors are available in both regular and handmade papers.
There are four colors of ink that you can choose from. They are:
You have two font options: serif and sans serif. Both are easily readable and compliment calligraphy and illustration well.
Interested in customizing your suite even further? View the Semi-custom tab in the shop for a selection of additional stationery, envelope addressing, vintage stamps, wax seals, and more.